Thursday 19 January 2012

Cafe Sweethearts

I'm in before 730 today, Jo is in Sydney, I slept at 1am. Why am I here so early? I guess to try another joint for a morning pick me up before I head to work.

Cafe Sweethearts is an interesting and brave choice this morning it looks cafeteria like with ordinary chairs and stark lighting. While the birds are tweeting away outside and still waking up, this cafe is well under way and already busy churning out coffees and breaky.

The coffee is as good as Giddy Up to taste, the milk isn't done as creamy as other places resulting in a more milky and diluted taste in comparison to other places - Giddy up / Dimatinnas / Freestyle.

It's good to be able to compare a few coffees now, but hard to remember them all they have been of a pretty high standard. Especially in comparison to the mediocre stuff that is served up in the outer suburbs of Melbourne, where good soy lattes are few and far between.

Cafe Sweethearts is one of those that gets my thumbs up, and belongs in the company of those surrounding quality cafes. Again, in comparison this cafe is the most and certainly unassuming but delivers the goods. Never judge a coffee by its .... shop design?

Cafe Sweethearts ranks close to Cottle on Coventry for me, although the latter roast their own coffee beans and do make a fine cup.

Cafe Sweethearts
263 Coventry St.
South Melbourne
03 9690 6752

No comments:

Post a Comment